http://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/how-pacific-islander-students-are-slipping-through-cracks-n144281
This article got me feeling all different types of ways?!?!
Not only did I experience working in the schools in California, but I did feel a sense of misplacement being the only Pacific Islander, yet special at the same time... I think with the migration of our people to foreign lands and America, we did sought out for a "better life," for our families, whether it be careers, education, finances, etc. it did come with sacrifice. Out of all the sacrifice, leaving home wasn't the greatest, it was standing alone as your own!
Its obvious in society that affiliation and association comes with cliques or groups. That everyone seems to be comfortable with their own class and kind. While the rare individuals, can live with anyone and everyone... these being the Samaritans and Saints. Survival doesn't just happen on an island, but in the world... to be comfortable its gonna be uncomfortable... Not seeing your own kind, being chosen last or not at all, explaining what you are, feel like being shunned and feel like your in "a pitch black dark whole..." That's how the "masi crumbles..." or "cookie crumbles," That's Life!!!
We either gonna stay and feel the darkness and complain about what's around us and how we should be treated better, because of all these rights, but the real changing is YOU! Don't make your parents lack of English and education, and numbers in their bank account be your downfall in asking educators and counselors how to get scholarships and get in to a college, or whatever pathway you choose in life. "I didn't know???" seems to be the excuse in our generations... But they did! These ages and times they are surrounded with so much support that we didn't have or parents and their parents didn't have growing up. Its easier for them today, because the one's yesterday made it better!
The last thing I'm doing here is preaching, but this is called living! I've lived these 34 years whining, complaining, blaming, winning, losing, starving, and all the good, bad, pretty, and ugly ways of life, because it was my agency, my choice! We are blessed and cursed with free agency, the right to choose... its just difficult to choose the right. If you can speak... ask, if you can see... direct yourself... if you can move... you know the rest... Our people and all people have the right to live in a life of many... Many _______. Your choice!
I told you this article got me feeling all kinds of ways, but it was seen and read with purpose... I can be the better today to make better days for tomorrow. Blessed Day choosers!
I told you this article got me feeling all kinds of ways, but it was seen and read with purpose... I can be the better today to make better days for tomorrow. Blessed Day choosers!
No comments:
Post a Comment