UNIT 2 PROJECT - SUMMARY
Students were given the task to create an informative presentation of themselves expressing their Fa'asinomaga-Identity from Birth, Childhood, and their present Teenage years... Each stage they need to share a story or experience they had that was memorable and significant. Students also shared in their presentation their AutoBio II, which includes Fiafiaga (Hobbies), Lanu and Itutino (descriptive colors to their body parts).
MY FRUSTRATION with PROJECT COMPLETION
This is the 2nd Project for my students, yet on DDAY, not even half or a few completed their projects meeting or exceeding expectations... yet the majority were hurriedly finishing at least something to get the points. This generation and this year's new high school teaching position I've been lenient in explaining to my students that turning in something is better nothing! I sure am eating up the results to this saying. Are these students really lazy, not that intellectual or responsible, LOST! Then reflect, as I always do, with my "am I" questions, assessing myself as a teacher.
Then there is that one or two students that raise their hand ready to present... relief eases my soul from bursting in to rage, yet soothes me to capture myself in realizing that they got it! It is POSSIBLE!!!
STUDENT WORK
Here are some of the students FA'ASINOMAGA Presentations. It varies from Exceeding, Meeting, Average, to Well Below (A, B, C, D, and F). It's constructive to see all works and use it as a marker to always do better and improve!
KAWAI
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1DJ20lv1E85vEMJQNe5ylXjkrnzVM2yfM-mKC720_1yw/edit#slide=id.p
CELINDION
http://celinndion.edu.glogster.com/celine-is-sexy-af/
ULA
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1_EgMJDRcyR2MwUjGLbfI-EoW1mAMbJYTEdUFEJzqJY8/edit#slide=id.p
No comments:
Post a Comment