There's comfortable, then there's fearless!!! I took myself out of the islands five years ago to gain "Independency," like every Samoan child would want. It wasn't to break free, maybe a little, but rather to LIVE! I needed to prove to myself, that I could live on my own, and that all my elders and parents teaching was for something. This was the epitome and start for me be out of my comfort zone, and my choice to be Fearless!
After five years on my own, I have returned home with a new me, I appreciated home even more so, because home is a place your feet may leave, but your heart will always stay. Opportunities awaited for me here at home, that presented more blessings for me to grow, rather California was at a stand still, and nothing there career wise, yet my LUVS. LilyMarleen was getting lazy in Cali, so I needed to go to work in Hawai'i. Sometimes we get too comfortable, that we cannot fathom to realize that we are drowning, sucking the life out of us.
Today, I am presently working on my Kindergarten Summer School Curriculum, and just completed a term at Farrington High School, as a P/T/T Samoan Language Instructor. These two roles are beyond the proximity of my comfort zone. Never imagined these roles and responsibilities, yet Heavenly Father always knows what's best for us. I truly believe now when someone says, "skies the limit!" I needed to include, there's NO COMFORT ZONE!
No comments:
Post a Comment